this is SO what WE all need huh?
i know that sleeping late is bad but it's almost a norm for us teens already.
but now i think i'm feeling the effects of sleep deprive cuz i'm constantly sleepy and tired
plus i DONT EXERCISE!
anyway, found this "fun-facts" on sleep from seveenteen.com
*tries to sleep in within 15 minutes*
*rolls rolls rolls*
1. According to the Guiness Book of Records, the record for the longest period without sleep (using no stimulants) is 264 hours (11 days) by a Randy Gardner.
(are you KIDDING me??!! wth!!)
2. In attempt to break that record, Tony Wright stayed awake for 266 hours...but The Guiness Book of Records had stopped taking entries for sleep deprivation due to its health risks!
3. If you take anything less than 5 minutes to fall asleep at night you're most likely sleep deprived. The ideal amount of time should be between 10 to 15 minutes.
4. When you fall into deep sleep, you fall into what is called REM sleep. REM dreams are characterised by bizarre plots, but non-REM dreams are repetitive and thought-like.
5. There are more than 70 sleep disorders!
oh wow.. wonder if i got one..
6. 17 hours without sleep decreases your ability to focus and is the equivalent of having a blood alcohol-level of 0.05%. (which is like already having taken one standard drink!)
7. It is believed that the most alluring sleep distraction is the accesibility of the internet 24-7!
time to throw the modem away peepz!
8. Teenagers need as much sleep as younger children, which is about 10 hours, whereas 8 hours is considered optimal for adults (25-55).
i'm still a teenager!!!! ten hours!!! aaarrgghh!!