August 22, 2010

The Road Not Taken

I don't exactly know how many of you read the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost though for those who are above 18 this year I'm pretty sure you know this cause you LEARN it in ENGLISH for SPM in form 4!. Reading that during form four in class, we just studied it and answer the questions in exams without thinking that what it says might really happen to our life in the future.

And no, it's not the small small dilemma if you can actually call them dilemmas like whether to eat Bah Kut Teh or Chi Kut Teh for dinner, or whether you should wear the neon-ic kryptonic bright pink dress or the black simple one. It's actually two paths that can change your whole life, one bringing you waaaay up into the society, and one bringing you up up to the world of your own satisfaction.

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;"


Like SERIOUSLY I've sat and thought hard and asked and listened and considered and squeeze my brain juices out considered.

Really I AM very sorry I couldn't travel both. Both roads have their flowers and butterflies but then one of the road had lavender and black and purple gothic butterflies which has a direct link to my heart.

"And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back."


Yes I've made up my mind, and took the road less taken by majority. Knowing the situation you might think that I'm such and idiot for leaving the road that usually PEOPLE would take.

But I stood my ground, took charge of my life the way I should years ago.
I decided to be selfish for once and go for what I want.
I decided to take the lane which spells stephanie all the way though I know it includes the words hardship, working-my-ass-off, no-luxurious-life and of such as well instead of the road that is filled with promises and "guarantees" that sometimes seems too good to be true but then again, realistic enough.


"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."


Yes, I hope that in years time, I can say that " I took the one less traveled by, And that made
ALL THE DIFFERENCE"


Oh in addition to the serious post, here's something to balance it off. May I present you an AWESOME translation of a hindi song : Come see me eat my NIPPLES!



"Oh shit I'm a butter head!
You can't tell I don't have a head!
Do me hard on my head
Do me here in papaaayaaaa"


*hides behind tree and does bollywood hips shaking*

hahahahahhahahahhahaha I'm LMAO-ing my ASS off!

Thanks to Kai Chi for the video! AWESOMENESS!


stephy-tookTheDirtyDustyDodgyRoad-nie

2 comments:

Danial Ikhwan Jaafar said...

my favourite poem of all. always reminds me that life is full of choices and situations like this. and i dare say, i took the one less traveled by, and it did make all the difference in my life! =)
good post, and funny one too (referring to the indian nipples! ROFLMAO)

stephy-nie said...

hahah thanks danial. well I hope that later down the road I'd be able to say it out loudly like you too that it made ALL THE DIFFERENCE! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails